Overview of eFax
For all the tech aficionados who’re unfamiliar with this nascent term, eFax is an online web-based service via which individuals can send and receive faxes through e-mail. Using layman terms, users can receive documents in their fax machines from an e-mail address and send those documents to a fax machine directly. How cool is that?
Moreover, it can be integrated with your personal e-mails, mobile phones (In the form of smartphone apps for iPhone & Android), tablets and cloud storage. Features like digital signatures, encryptions, text editing, PDF support and keyword search can also be deployed.
Need of eFax
Traditional methods aren’t necessarily obsolete, per se, but the days of the conventional paper-based fax methods are numbered.
Old things give way to new things and that is the natural law of life. EVOLUTION! Period!
This is where eFax enters the fray.
eFax vs. Traditional Fax
The former possesses a myriad of advantages that puts it into another league altogether. Apart from the “Evolution” mantra that we’ve stated above, here are some underlying noteworthy points:
1. Security – eFax is by definition more secure as an e-mail can’t be susceptible to any kinds of physical damage unlike its conventional counterpart. When it comes to safety, it can’t get any better than this.
2. Automatic Backups – You won’t need to buy a locker or a vault to store your precious hard copy documents as all that and more can be readily stored in your online e-mail ID storage.
3. Goodbye Hefty Machines – The title is pretty crystal clear in itself. Anyone who has ever used a fax machine would agree with me.
4. Cost Cutting – If you’re a miser or you have a thirst for cost efficiency, eFax might just be the tonic that you need. It cuts down the carbon footprint, costs related to paper, ink, storage, and much more.
5. Portability – Having an eFax account is just like walking around with a portable fax machine in your pockets. All you need to do is enter a simple login ID and password and all your critical faxes, documents would be at your disposal with the simple click of a button.
6. Sending/Receiving – On-the-go Sending/Receiving the faxes can only be possible with the help of eFax via your account or the mobile application.
Why should the sending/receiving numbers be the same?
- Makes you reachable: First Things First, it fulfills the most basic purpose that every number in the world aspires to i.e. it makes you reachable. You can contact your clients and NOT sound cheesy by pitching your contact details after every minute as they would readily have yours, if and when they want to contact you [E-mail ID].
- Centralized Repository: As the name suggests, it caters to the organizer hidden inside you. You no longer would need to maintain separate storage places as all your business critical data [In the form of documents] would be stored in one centralized secure location. Hence, there is no need to possess different numbers as they both would serve the same purpose ultimately. Moreover, you can segregate your data in specific folders and label them as important or urgent according to your convenience.
- Universal Identity: Why do you have only one name? Or why do you live in a single house at one point of time? The same logic applies to your eFax number as well. This is because that name/house/number becomes your universal identity. It feels nice to have something that belongs to you exclusively in the entire world. Additionally, it avoids the different number hassle.
- Two-Way Communication Portal: History tells us that a 2 way communication medium always trumps its one-way counterpart. It doesn’t make sense to have 2 numbers which serve the same purpose.
Even if you don’t admit it, having the same eFax number certainly brings a certain level of sophistication to your company name.
After all that has been said and done, I would like to say that “Fax” is a forgotten luxury. Only the medium via which we access those faxes has changed. When the entire world is going virtual, why shouldn’t you?
eFax allows you to send and receive faxes through mails, browser and mobile app, in a digital format. This helps to save you money and time.
Well after reading this post I still remember the days when we send fax using a machine and the quality of the received fax is also not good.
Seems like efax would be really great compared to the previous fax.
Monika Sharma says
Hi Nwosu, I hear about Fax But I didn’t hear about eFax, you can say I was unaware about eFax & I just search for eFax on Google & I know it. “eFax is an Internet fax service of j2 Global that enables sending and receiving of fax documents in digital format rather than a traditional paper fax machine.” I got this info By Wikipedia But other useful info is shared here on this Post. It’s nice to know about eFax in esasy explanation.
Put in another way, eFax is “faxing” on the go! The advantages it has over traditional fax is impressive.
However, it is important that the web-based service provider be reliable. We may have good installations and encryption but some companies are not just reliable in fulfilling their end of the bargain.
On the whole, it would be helpful to checkout eFax service!
I have left this comment in kingged.com – the content syndication and social marketing platform for Internet marketers, where this post was shared.
Sunday – kingged.com contributor
emmanuel ekainu says
well structured article. efax has a lot of feature that the one i use(myclientfax). but would like to ask. are their service free or paid?. How to Unlock 3G Internet Modem without software.