Shopping online is the only way to buy the things you wanted amidst your tight schedule. Most of us are so busy we don’t even have time to sleep let alone time to go out and buy the things we needed. No one has the time to walk from one local store to the other looking for a specific product/gadget to buy.
We’ll rather use our free time for relaxations or socializing than stress our tired bodies going to stores to buy things. That is where online shopping comes in, this situation is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, it is a global phenomenon and we as Nigerians are no different.
Online shopping has become a trend in recent times. Many of us are embracing the idea of shopping online even in Nigeria. So for those who are still unconvinced, this article is intended to explain to you why you should shop online in Nigeria.
But first let me clear your doubts about the safety of your money and financial data because this seems to be the most disturbing factor for those who are still held back from shopping online. You should check out 5 Ways to Protect Your Accounts When Shopping Online.
Carefully following the tips shared in the above named article will ensure your online safety and the safety of your financial details, so you don’t have anything to worry about. Whether your payment option is Interswitch, MasterCard or Visa Card, your payment is handled by a sophisticated financial company with the best securities you can ever think of on the internet. So you have nothing to be scared of provided you follow the guides I shared in that article.
Reasons why you should shop online in Nigeria:
1. Convenience: The first reason why you should shop online is convenience. You don’t have to get stuck in traffic or burn fuel driving round the whole town looking for the things you want to buy. You don’t have to stand on a long queue in the shopping mall waiting to cash out. Shopping online simply saves you the time and money.
Shopping online will surely help you avoid a lot of stress. Shopping online is an easier and faster way of buying the things we want, you won’t have to leave the comfort of your home or office to buy the things you want.
Online shopping also provides you an opportunity to buy anything you want no matter the time of the day or night since there are no store shopping hours, online stores are always open for you to buy whatever you may need whether its weekend or holiday periods, day or night.
2. Products/Price Comparisons: Another reason why you should shop online in Nigeria is product and price comparisons. Different stores may be selling same product at different prices, shopping online will provide you with a platform to compare products and prices and find the best deals.
You can access many online stores within a very short duration of time to compare costs, quality, service and other relevant aspects and decide which the best option is. This is very difficult to do if you have to visit each of the retailers individually.
3. Quality of Products: Quality assurance is yet another reason why you should shop online in Nigeria. While it is easy to buy fake product from retail stores, the case is hardly same for online stores as they take the pain to ensure they online list genuine products on their stores to avoid damaging their brand.
So shopping online in Nigeria will not only guarantee you buy original products, you also have guarantees and return/exchanges that allows you to return a product if you are unsatisfied with its quality.
4. Reviews: It’s always advisable to know what others are saying about a product before you buy it and this is something you may never have the opportunity of knowing if you don’t shop online. Online shops allow product reviews from customers and you can learn a great deal about the quality of a product from these reviews.
Customer reviews avail you of the opportunity to get opinions from real consumers who have purchased the goods and have left feedbacks.
5. Discounts: Discounts and Promos are just another perfect reason to shop online in Nigeria. Have you noticed there is always one promo or the other on one online store or the other or discounts on almost all the products on online stores?
6. Better Product Description: You will probably get a better product description and specification if you are shopping online. You can even read the instruction manuals even before you place your orders. Good images/videos are also often times provided to give you a great description of the product you wish to buy.
7. Pre-Ordering Products even before they become available: Do you want the latest version of a smartphone or a product? You can even pre-order a product even before it is released so you will be among the first few people to get it when it is finally available.
Shopping online provides you with such opportunity, that way you won’t have to queue day and night waiting for the latest version of Samsung Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6 etc. You can place your order online and get it delivered to you once it’s available.
Shopping online in Nigeria is quite easy; some people may be thinking it’s a rocket science. All you need to make purchases online in Nigeria is your MasterCard, Visa Card or Interswitch Debit Cards from any Nigerian banks. Then your internet-enabled PC or Smartphone of course and your choice of what you want to buy.
Then you can choose from the list of Nigerian Online Stores such as; Konga, Jumia, Kaymu, DealDey.
Must Read: Must Read: Safe Online Shopping tips
Have you shopped online in Nigeria before? What were the challenges you are faced while shopping online in Nigeria? What was your experience about online shopping in Nigeria?
Would you love to start shopping online in Nigeria? How can i help you with any information? Let me hear from you on the comments below so i can guide you on anything you may want to know about shopping online in Nigeria.
Leave a Reply