In case you have not noticed the new “Pay for a friend” feature in Whatsapp you may have to update your Whatsapp application to the latest version. I noticed that the version on the Play Store is older than the one on Whatsapp official website. So you may have to visit www.whatsapp.com /download/ to download and install the latest version of Whatsapp on your Android device.
The Whatsapp Pay for a Friend feature allows you to pay for your friends Whatsapp subscription. After you first year free subscription you will be required to subscribe to Whatsapp services to be able to use the app on subsequent years.
The rates for Whatsapp subscription is US$0.99 a year but you can also pay for 3 years at the cost of US$2.67 (10% OFF) or even 5 years for US$3.71 (25% OFF). Whatsapp subscription payments can only be made through Google Wallet and Paypal.
You may have friends who do not have either of a Google Wallet account or Paypal account and may want to pay for their Whatsapp subscription; you can use the Whatsapp Pay for a Friend feature to make such payments for your friends.
How to use Whatsapp Pay for a Friend:
1. Launch your Whatsapp app on your mobile
2. Click the Menu Button and navigate to Settings > Contacts > Pay for a Friend
3. Tap “Choose a Contact” to show all your Whatsapp contacts
4. Select the person you want to help in paying his/her Whatsapp subscription and Whatsapp will quickly check for such a contact’s subscription eligibility. If you are informed that your friend is not able to receive a service extension, you will be unable to purchase an extension for your friend.
5. Then select the number of years you wish to subscribe for and the payment method you wish to use.
6. On successful payment both you and the person you paid for will be notified of a successful payment.
How to create a Google Wallet Account:
Simply login to Google Wallet website with your Google Account, Add a payment method by linking your Credit or Debit Card to your Wallet. Add your card number, expiration date, security code and billing address details and save.
How to Create a Paypal Account:
Visit Paypal and sign up for an account. Verify your account and link it to your bank account and you can be able to make payments online with just your email address. Note Paypal may not be available in all the countries.
What do you think of this new feature? Has Mark already trying to start recovering his $19b he paid for Whatsapp? This may be the first monetization strategy for Whatsapp and maybe one of many to come. Tell me what you think of the new Whatsapp Pay for a Friend feature via the comments, i want t hear what you have to say.
Frank Joseph says
Thank you very much for this tutorial, i have friends who i need to pay for them… And this came at the right time.
Thanks for your review about whatsapp pay for friend. Surely this gonna make some great changes and enjoying with whatsapp continues. Thanks for talking your time to review about this app, including tutorial.
Tech Moses says
i have not heard of this before but everyday is learning so i have learn fro you today. I can now pay for some people that are special to me.
KAY barnes says
How do I cancle a payment on a friends whatsapp