WeChat is not just another social media app, its indeed “A new Way to Connect”. WeChat is a cross-platform social media app that makes it easier to connect with family and friends and even strangers via a smartphone. It is compatible with Blackberry, iOS, Android, Windows and Symbian smartphones. People may say WeChat is similar to Whatsapp but I think WeChat with all its features is way better than Whatsapp mobile messenger. WeChat app was developed by a Chiness firm called Tencent Holdings. It has actually been around for awhile, it was launched in January 2011, it used to be called Weixin until the owners upgraded the app to an international market standard with new features, added 7 international languages, Facebook connect and a path-like feature.
With the addition of English language to the app, the name was changed to WeChat. WeChat already has over 100 million registered users worldwide, a massive growth since its upgrade. This has made WeChat one of the most popular mobile chat app in the world today. Are you wondering why you’ve not heard of it before? That is simply because it used to be in Chinese native language until it was rebranded in April 2012 as WeChat.
Features of WeChat Social Media app:
WeChat Social Media app has some awesome features like
1. Voice Messaging: You can send a voice message to your friends just like the “Walkie-Talkie” with the hold of a button.
2. Group Chat: WeChat support group chat, invite your friends to a group chat and have more fun. The more the merrier of course.
3. Shake: This is the most awesome feature of WeChat, bump your phone together with another WeChat user to add as friends on WeChat, Shake together to exchange contacts, and shake your phone alone to find people who are shaking phones at the same time.
4. Drift Bottle: Send message in a drift bottle and a stranger will receive it and reply you. What a cool way to meet new friends.
5. Look around: This feature allows you to look around and find nearby WeChat users to talk to and meet up with. You can even chose which sex to find. Ensure your location service is enabled.
6. Facebook Connect: The Facebook Connect feature allows you to select Facebook friends to connect with. You can also sync with your phone contacts and scan QR codes.
Other features includes support for animated emotions, emoji and custom emotions, language support, location based services etc.
How to download WeChat for your phone:
To download WeChat for your mobile phone, visit WeChat website on your phone browser and select the download link. WeChat supports Android, Apple iOS, Windows, Symbian mobile OS. The blackberry version is still in development at the time of this writing. After downloading the WeChat app, install it on your mobile phone.
How to Register:
Simply sign up with your phone number or login with your Facebook account. When you register with your phone number, a 4-digit verification code will be sent to your phone as SMS, then you will be required to enter it for verification. On successful verification, your WeChat social media app will be ready to use.
Now the fun can begin, share your moments with friends and strangers. Upload your profile picture and set your WeChat nickname, gender and location. You can use your address book matching to find your friends who are already on WeChat or invite them to join.
If you find above post on “WeChat Mobile Social Media app – A New Way to Connect” interesting and useful, please share this post with your friends using the share tools on the left hand side of the browser or the ones under this post. Please if you haven’t liked our Facebook page simply click on the “Like” button on the right hand side of the browser. You can also follow us on Twitter. I hope you read my blog post on “Comparing Mozat,2go and Whatsapp mobile messengers“.
Use the subscription box below to subscribe to my feed by email so you can be getting more of my posts on your email even when you are offline.