One of the first challenges of upgrading from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S4 is transferring your contacts and other files. Recently someone asked me “how to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S4”, I decided to write this tutorial so as to help others that may as well be looking for a way of transferring their contacts from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Samsung Galaxy S4.
In an earlier article titled “How transfer all the contents of your Phone to Samsung Galaxy S4”, I explained how you can transfer all the contents of your old phone to Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Samsung Smart Switch and a PC.
But considering that not everyone has access to a PC or internet connection to download the Smart Switch app, I have decided to share even an easier way to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth. You can use this method to transfer contacts to any Bluetooth enabled smartphone.
1. Turn on the Bluetooth for the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S4 (Or any other Android smartphones you want to transfer contacts to/from) and pair both devices.
2. Then on the Samsung Galaxy S2, navigate to Phone>Contacts>Menu>Import/Export>Send namecard via
3. You will see a list of all your contacts, check the “Select All Contact” option to select all or manually check the contacts you want to transfer
4. Then select Bluetooth, choose the newly paid Samsung Galaxy S4 device from your Bluetooth device list and accept the file transfer on the Galaxy S4
5. A vcf or vCard will be transferred from your Samsung Galaxy S2 to the Samsung Galaxy S4.
You can now access all your contacts on the Samsung Galaxy S4 just as you have them in your Samsung Galaxy S2. This process is simple and does not require the use of an app or PC. I hope you can be able to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Galaxy S4 easily now?
Let me hear what you have to say, use the comment form below to share your experience with transferring your contacts from an old Samsung Galaxy phone to a new one. This process will also work for even newer versions of the Samsung Galaxy Series – Samsung Galaxy S5.