Finding a suitable web hosting solution when you are managing one domain can be a tricky enough endeavour, but finding one where you can manage all of your domains in one place, stress-free, is often a different task altogether.
Thankfully, the principles of finding a suitable hosting service if you are managing multiple domains are not a million miles away from what you would do if you were just looking to set up one site. In this article i will be giving you some important tips that will help you in choosing a host provider for multiple domains. Hosting all your sites with one hosting account could help you save hosting cost and also provide you with an easy domain management option for all your domains.
Why Multiple Domains?
There are many reasons why, and people who may need a hosting solution for multiple domains, including:
1. Webmasters with responsibility for several websites or clients, who are looking to manage their workload more effectively
2. Site owners who have similar sites or businesses and want to manage them from one place
3. Both of the above groups looking to secure cost savings or consolidate their spend to one hosting service
Which Server Does It Use?
Perhaps the biggest question you will need to ask yourself if looking for a multi-domain host is around the servers they use.
While a shared server will probably not enter your thinking, you will probably be inclined to look at a VPS solution, especially when you consider the cost savings against private servers. Managed VPS hosting will be particularly useful if a webmaster is managing a number of sites that are busy at different times, as there will be no real need for a dedicated service hosting each site.
Analysing the trends of any site that you intend to put within a multiple hosting arrangement will enable you to ensure maximum performance at all times.
Must Read: Yahoo Domain Names
Mandatory Host Requirements
Much like finding a suitable host for one site, there are some definite ‘musts’ you need to be assured of when sourcing a multi-domain provider.
As an absolute minimum, look for:
1. Are you able to move one or more of your sites to a more powerful or dedicated server should traffic increase unexpectedly?
2. Do they offer guarantees against server issues, to the extent that they can ensure that if one site goes down all of the others won’t be affected? This is crucial, losing one site for a few hours is bad enough, you don’t want to lose five or six, however, on account of a problem with one!
3. Can you manage all of your sites from one control panel, without having to log in on numerous occasions and verify credentials each time you make an update?
As the responsibilities and the role of webmasters grow, finding suitable online solutions such as multiple domain hosting will become of more importance. Ensure you make the right decisions and get the best services that will empower you to do your job brilliantly.
Must Read: Choosing the right domain name
I hope you find this article very interesting, i am hoping the guides found here will help you in choosing the right host provider for multiple domain hosting. If you have any more questions about the topic, please kindly use the comment for below to ask your question, you can also add your contribution from it. Remember to subscribe to my RSS feeds.
This is a guest article from Karl an online content writer across a variety of industries, with a specific interest in online technology and services, including managed VPS hosting.