The growth of social media has made business social as many businesses are beginning to understand the impact of social media on business today. Just as the social media has redefined the way we socialize, it has also redefined the way we do business these days.
Social media platform provides the perfect opportunity to grow your business easily. Many businesses are beginning to consider the importance of social media to business growth. A lot has changed in the last decade and I can tell you that social media is right on top of this change. So today I want to discuss the impacts of social media on business.
How do Social Media impact on Businesses?
1. Customer Engagements/Relationships: The social media is the perfect platform to keep your customers engaged. There is no easier way to reach your customers now than the social networks. Businesses can easily strengthen their business relationships with their existing and potential customers via the social media.
You can keep your customers up-to-date with useful information about your products or business, the degree and frequency of useful engagements can build a stronger relationship between your customers and your business.
2. Product Marketing & Promotion: I already said earlier that social media has redefined the way we share information. Product promotion on social media has proven to bring better returns than any other type of online advertisement. Social media can be used as the perfect tool for product promotion and marketing because you can reach your customers directly.
3. Business Branding: Whether you are a start-up or you have been in business for long, there is no better place to create a name for your business or manage your business image than the social media. You can use social media as a tool to differentiate your product from others, build a brand that can easily differentiate your product from others, build a brand that can easily be identified with.
The likes of Coca Cola as big as they are understands the impact of social media on business and have invested a lot of resources to their social media campaigns. Consistent, strategic branding leads to strong brand equity and Coca Cola has built a strong one through their social media business branding.
4. Business Strategy Development/Market Research: There is no better place to learn what could influence your customers than the social media. You can ask your customers for feedback on an idea before applying such idea to your business. You could use the social media to find out how a business idea or product change can affect your business before applying such ideas to your business.
Businesses use social media as testing grounds to develop business, marketing and advertising strategies. This is one of the social media impacts on business you could exploit to grow your business.
5. Sales: Social media can be used as the perfect platform to reach out directly to potential buyers. Social media engagement with potential buyers can lead to sales as you will be able to directly influence your buyers with the right information or reviews.
Social media can bring about a good user and business engagement that can lead to increased sales. Social media’s impact on businesses always have direct effects that if well harnessed can greatly improve any business because you are directly dealing with your potential customers and it helps our customer’s courage in dealing with your business as well.
The impact of Social media on business always have a direct effect that can improve any business on a short while. The social media eliminates the need for a middle man as you can directly reach your customers, find out what they think about your business and how you can improve generally.
So if you are a business owner without a social media presence, you may have been missing out on such a huge opportunity that could greatly improve your business over the shortest period of time if well managed. Launch an effective social media campaign today and see the great effect it will have on your business.
Now over to you….
What other ways do you think Social media can impact businesses? Do you agree that Social media has more positive impacts than negative if ever there is one? Let me hear your thoughts on this via the comment section below.
frank joseph says
Social media is playing an important role in businesses in the 21st century.
From social media platform, you can reach a larger wide of target potential customers.
Social media is a way for businesses to find the perfect opportunity to benefit from Word-of-mouth and to see that it has spread.
Agree to such brand like Coca Cola have a strong presence on social media sites to attract attention of the customers while creating the brand image.
Enjoyed reading your post.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks Frank for your wonderful contribution.
Erik Emanuelli says
Social media is indeed very important for any business.
Everyone looking for market a product or a service should have an online presence on the most popular social networks.
I love Twitter, but I use also Facebook and Google Plus.
Thanks for sharing, Mavtrevor.
The power of social media can’t in any way be under-estimated at all and this is one post which elaborated more on it.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks for your awesome contribution.
WOW!! That’s pretty great tips Ehsan. There are some quality points to be noted. Keep up the good work buddy!!!! I have some ideas for this already. Thanks!
Agree with most of the items you described as impact. I think customer engagement and relationship is the biggest benefit of engaging in social media. While you do get some marketing exposure and possibly small sales wins the reason to get on the social media is to engage with customers.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks Harry for dropping by and leaving a comment.
Spook SEO says
Social media has become the greatest source for advertisement of any product or brand and this platform is widely utilized by world wide users or businesses. Social media is playing the great role of making relationships between people as well as between businesses or brands.