Why Good Content is Essential for Social Media Success
Content is King has been a catchphrase since before the Internet, but in the online world it’s even more important to realize this and put the wisdom to good use. Before getting into why good content is essential in 2013 and beyond, let’s take a closer look at the definition of good content. This will help you understand why content is so crucial for success.
What is Good Content?
If content is King, you want to make sure you’re producing content that is worthy of royalty. Here’s a list of some of the qualities of great content.
- Useful – Content that fills a need and is useful is more likely to spread online. When you can help people by being useful, they’re going to share that content with more people.
- Memorable – Whether it’s the delivery, the punchline or a combination of the two, you want to make sure your content is memorable and sticks with readers.
- Edited – There’s nothing worse than having a solid idea for a topic but not being able to finish reading because of grammar mistakes, misspellings or other problems.
The above three items are not the only things that constitute great content, but they’re a good place to start. If you can get a grip on the basics, you’re going to have a better chance of being successful.
Why Good Content is Needed
Here’s a look at why you need good content to succeed these days.
- So Much Content – The Internet is FULL with content. Over the last few years, the volume of content being added to the Internet has not slowed down at all. In some cases, it’s even increased. This leaves a vast sea of content, many choices for people with a limited amount of time.
- Standing out from the Crowd – With the vast amounts of content now available online, the bar has been raised for content to be considered good. If you have low quality or even mediocre content, you’re not going to be able to be found in all the other information that’s on the Internet now.
- Establishing a Connection – To start a relationship with a potential customer or client, you need to first establish a personal connection with them. Without high quality content, you’re just not going to do this without a lot of struggling and headaches. Good content can help you communicate better with consumers.
Many other reasons good content is essential for success in the social media realm, but the three above should help you realize how important having good content is for success. If you take the time to craft content that is going to stand out from the crowd, you’re going to find that you’re more successful online – no matter your goals. Content is king online – especially in the realm of social media. If you agree or disagree, leave a comment below.