Pop-Ups are often times very annoying and disrupt one’s activities on the internet. Today I want to show you how you can block pop-ups on web browsers.
By default most web browsers have the pop-up windows activated but if yours is not the case then follow this guide to block pop-ups from popping one thing or the other on the browser windows when you are either working or just surfing the web.
In this article you will learn how to block pop-ups on web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
1. Click on “Internet Options” from the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
1. Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner of your browser, and select “Settings.”
2. Scroll down and click on “Show Advanced Settings.”
3. In the Privacy section, click “Content Settings.”
4. Here, select the option “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups.”
5. Use the “Manage Exceptions” option to add websites, on which you want pop-ups to be shown.
1. Open Firefox and click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner, then click on “Options” (or “Preferences”).
1. Open the Opera menu by clicking on the “Opera” logo in the top-left corner, hover your mouse over “Settings” to reveal other options and select “Preferences”.
Must read: RockMelt: The Social Web Browser
Click on the Settings logo in the top-left corner, and enable the option to “Block Pop-Up Windows.” Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl+Shift+K” to enable the option.
Pop-up windows can really be disturbing as it always brings up unnecessary adverts always promoting one product or the other.
Pop-ups also contain malware that can infect our systems with viruses that could steal our sensitive data.
I will recommend you bock all pop-ups on all your web browsers and only use the exception options to allow pop-ups from only trusted sites.
I have covered all major browsers on this guide, i hope you can now find it easy to block pop-ups on web browsers.