The benefits Quora cannot be overemphasized and even as a blogger there are many ways you can use Quora to your benefit. In this article I am going to highlight several ways bloggers can use Quora.
Skipping the history of Quora and the rest of the story, Quora is a Question and Answer community where experts come together to share useful information. You can simply ask any question on Quora and be sure to get an answer.
The question and answer model is a little bit different from other question and answer sites out there. If you are not getting answers to your question, you can use credits to promote your question or ask experts.
But for bloggers like me, Quora is more than a question and answer site. There are so many ways bloggers can use Quora and in this article I will explain the various ways you as a blogger can use Quora.
Ways Bloggers can use Quora
1. Researching Content: Quality content is the only reason why people will keep coming back to your site. A well researched content often shouts QUALITY! Researching your blog contents is one awesome way bloggers can use Quora.
You can easily find resourceful discussions on almost every topic on Quora. As a blogger, you can make researches on any topic based on discussions on Quora, that way you can know what others have to say about the topic.
Let’s say you want to write a blog post on native app VS web app, wouldn’t it be ok if you checked what other people are saying about the topic and compare with your ideas to create a quality content?
2. Blog Post Ideas: Another wonderful way bloggers can use Quora is in coming up with blog post ideas. You can simply search Quora for keyword ideas to see more specific questions related to it. For instance, if you blog about “make money online”, search the keyword on Quora and see what people are saying.
Then you will see a number of questions and answers to the questions. You can go through the results to see if any of them can make a great topic for your blog post.
Apart from the fact that you can find great blog post ideas from Quora, you can also get useful materials/contributions to your blog post from the discussions.
3. Improve your knowledge: As a blogger you are required to be updated with the latest information about a lot of things at all point in time. You don’t want to share some outdated information on your latest blog post. You will simply make ridicule of your blog.
Quora is one place you can get useful information to improve yourself. A lot of useful information is shared on daily basis on Quora and as a blogger, you should be there to learn and improve yourself always.
4. Find Readers: Another way bloggers can use Quora is in finding readers. People ask questions for others to answer. It’s easy to find people who are interested in any topic be it technology, blogging, SEO…whatever at all, you will find people who are interested in discussing it.
You can easily connect with readers on Quora no matter the niche you blog in and share useful resources.
5. Promoting Your Blog: As a blogger you can promote your blog on Quora in a lot of ways. You can quote your blog as a source of solution to a discussion. You can also include it on your author bio just as illustrated on the image below.
You can also share your blog posts on Quora. Simply drags this ‘Post to Quora’ button on Quora resources to your bookmark bar. Then from any webpage you want to share on Quora, click on the ‘Post to Quora’ bookmarklet on your browser to share on Quora.
6. Build Quality Backlinks/ Drive Traffic: Even Google trusts and respects Quora and that is why you should build backlinks from Quora. You can build backlinks from Quora but you have to be smart about it. Though the links may not dofollow, you can also drive quality and targeted traffic from Quora to your site.
7. Establish yourself as an Expert: Another way bloggers can use Quora is to establish themselves as experts in their various niches. As an expert voice on a topic, you can drive massive traffic to your blog.
People will easily come to you for solutions and this can really help you boost your business.
Imagine you are the one who gives the best and most relevant answers to questions about the topic you are an expert in, you will simply become a trusted source of information and knowledge to the topic.
Are you a member of Quora?
Do you use Quora?
How often do you use it and how do you use it?
Is Quora just another question and answer site for you or a platform you can use to improve your blog? Let me hear what you have to say in the comments.
Quora is really great for finding answers, blog post ideas and promotion. I am using this and getting massive amount of traffic than various other major networks. good article. I appreciate your research and way of presenting the topic.
khushal Rao says
Hello Nwosu Mavtrevor, Great post i also believe Quora is great place for Bloggers, first there is almost no spammers, Google likes Quora as well as it gives a quality visitor to a blog.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks Manoj for your contribution and compliments. Quora is indeed an awesome site and bloggers can use it to their advantage.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks Khushal, Quora is for experts and there is no room for spammers. I have been driving massive traffic from Quora to my blog, i hope other bloggers can learn from this article.
Lorraine Reguly says
I really appreciate the tips you have offered to use Quora to build a community. Thank you for sharing them!
I would like to know how you added the “Scoopit!” button to your blog. I also blog on WordPress, but have not seen this as an option. Can you let me know your secret?
I generally use quora to ask and answer questions, I didn’t aware that I can share share content on quora. I’ll certainly use this feature to share some useful content so that I can establish myself as an valuable member. :)
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks for your awesome contribution on Netmediablog and yes Quora is an awesome platform and bloggers can use it to improve their blogs in a lot of ways. About the Scoop.It! button, i customized the Jetpack share module and added some services. I also wrote a tutorial on it, check it out here http://www.netmediablog.com/how-to-add-services-to-jetpack-sharing-plugin
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Yes Pankaj, you can use Quora in a lot of ways as a blogger and improve your blog. Glad you found the article resourceful.
Akaahan Terungwa says
I used Quora, but only briefly. You see, sometimes, one gets busy with the nitty gritty of making money and may forget about engagement or traffic (for a while). That has been my reality for sometime now.
I’ll check back into my account anyway – I particularly love the blog post idea bit.
Be certain to make the day great!
Well, if you have a question (who doesn’t have?) the website Quora is likely to have answers for you. Bloggers could gain more information if they use Quora to search the things they need, like making money online, blogging or blog post ideas. One blogger said “A quick search on Quora can help you keep tabs on the competition: what they’re up to and what others are saying about them.”
Aside from knowledge and exposure or the break to promote your blog, you can also connect with journalists, expand your network and establish expertise.
I must say, the seven numbers are really awesome! Thanks!