Having a blog without an app means missing out on a huge chunk your mobile users. With the projected continuous growth of the mobile market, the population of mobile users is expected to keep growing. Cheap and affordable smartphones are flooding the market everyday and soon there will be a smartphone in the hand of everyone.
I know it may seem irrelevant that mobile users won’t mind if a blog has an app or not, since they can reach your website through their mobile browsers. Having an app on their smartphone will most likely turn them into regular visitors.
Today there is an app for almost everything, why shouldn’t there be one for your blog? This article will focus on the reasons why your blog needs an app right now.
Reasons why your blog needs an app:
1. Building Loyal Readership – One reason why your blog needs an app right now is building loyal readership. An app will mean that your users will most likely return to your site always through the app installed on their smartphones.
An app will keep your readers engaged on your blog contents always. Your readers will remain updated with the latest posts published on your blog as against visiting your site once in awhile to read your posts.
2. Brand Recognition and Promotion – An app for your blog today will mean brand recognition for your blog. Anywhere your app is seen, your brand or blog in this case will be recognized. New apps are usually listed in the “New App” category in the various app stores.
Users usually tend to search for new apps, and if your app is listed then be rest assured it will be downloaded by many. This is a promotional strategy that can bring a lot of new visitors to your blog. Users will easily remember your blog when they see your app on their smartphone.
Not only does having an app help promote your products and services but it can also help enhance the image of your brand by creating a presence in various app stores.
3. Additional Traffic Channel – Another great reason why your blog needs an app right now is because you will be missing out on a HUGE chunk of mobile traffic if you do not have an app. An app offers an additional traffic channel because the huge population of smartphone users today like to have apps installed on their devices.
People spend more time with their smartphone than with their partner, family or relatives. Having an app for your blog today will put you in front of a huge population of smartphone users that will visit your blog on the regular through your app.
4. Give your blog a “Special” touch – Smartphone users still surf the mobile web to find your blog. But is offering your visitors a mobile site still the way to go?
First, they have to fire up their mobile web browser and enter an URL. Once they have found the site they have to wait until it has fully loaded. Whereas an app lets users get cracking with a single tap.
5. An app makes you stand out – There are tons of blogs out there but how many of them has an app? Having an app for your blog today will make your blog stand out among others; an app will distinguish your blog and give it an edge among its mates.
An app can add “uniqueness” to your blog. There are tons of blogs out there, an app will add something different and help keep your readers engaged.
If a user downloads your blog’s mobile app, then it’s safe to say that this user is highly likely to want to engage with your blog. An effective mobile app can turn a one time visitor into a regular one.
There is no better time to build a mobile app for your blog than now. If you do not have an app for your blog yet, you may be missing out on a huge opportunity.
It is wonderful to see what we can do if we have an app for our mobile readers. It is just a matter of time before having an app for a blog will become as normal as having a custom theme designed for a blog. It’s just a matter of time. You can choose to flow with the tide or get ahead of it.
Have you downloaded the Netmediablog Android App yet? If you haven’t I will recommend you do so now, so you don’t have to miss out on any of my awesome updates any more.