It’s a Sunday evening and I am feeling a little bit generous, so I have decided to share with you a list of awesome websites you may find useful.
These websites are mostly useful services or web apps you could use to perform one task or the other. You will definitely find this list useful. There are lots of interesting things you can do with these websites.
I personally use most of these websites on a regular basis. I hope this list keep you busy for awhile.
100 Useful Websites
1. http://www.screenr.com – record movies of your desktop and send them straight to YouTube.
2. http://www.ctrlq.org/screenshots – for capturing screenshots of web pages on mobile and desktops.
3. http://www.goo.gl – shorten long URLs and convert URLs into QR codes.
4. http://www.unfurlr.com – find the original URL that’s hiding behind a short URL.
5. http://www.qClock.com – find the local time of a city using a Google Map.
6. http://www.copypastecharacter.com – copy special characters that aren’t on your keyboard.
7. http://www.icerocket.com/ – a better search engine for Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
8. http://www.lovelycharts.com – create flowcharts, network diagrams, sitemaps, etc.
9. http://www.iconfinder.com – the best place to find icons of all sizes.
10. http://www.office.com – download templates, clipart and images for your Office documents.
11. http://www.followupthen.com – the easiest way to setup email reminders.
12. http://www.jotti.org – scan any suspicious file or email attachment for viruses.
13. http://www.wolframalpha.com – gets answers directly without searching – see more wolfram tips.
14. http://www.printwhatyoulike.com – print web pages without the clutter.
15. http://www.joliprint.com – reformats news articles and blog content as a newspaper.
16. http://www.ctrlq.org/rss – a search engine for RSS feeds.
17. http://www.e.ggtimer.com – a simple online timer for your daily needs.
18. http://www.coralcdn.org – if a site is down due to heavy traffic, try accessing it through coral CDN.
19. http://www.random.org – pick random numbers, flip coins, and more.
20. http://www.pdfescape.com – lets you can quickly edit PDFs in the browser itself.
21. http://www.viewer.zoho.com – Preview PDFs and Presentations directly in the browser.
22. http://www.tubemogul.com – simultaneously upload videos to YouTube and other video sites.
23. http://www.dabbleboard.com – your virtual whiteboard.
24. http://www.scr.im – share you email address online without worrying about spam.
25. http://www.spypig.com – now get read receipts for your email.
26. http://www.sizeasy.com – visualize and compare the size of any product.
27. http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont – quickly determine the font name from an image.
28. http://www.google.com/webfonts – a good collection of open source fonts.
29. http://www.regex.info – find data hidden in your photographs.
30. http://www.livestream.com – broadcast events live over the web, including your desktop screen.
31. http://www.iwantmyname.com – helps you search domains across all TLDs.
32. http://www.homestyler.com – design from scratch or re-model your home in 3d.
33. http://www.join.me – share you screen with anyone over the web.
34. http://www.onlineocr.net – recognize text from scanned PDFs – see other OCR tools.
35. http://www.flightstats.com – Track flight status at airports worldwide.
36. http://www.wetransfer.com – for sharing really big files online.
37. http://www.hundredzeros.com – best-sellers on all subjects that you can download for free.
38. http://www.polishmywriting.com – check your writing for spelling or grammatical errors.
39. http://www.marker.to – easily highlight the important parts of a web page for sharing.
40. http://www.typewith.me – work on the same document with multiple people.
41. http://www.whichdateworks.com – planning an event? find a date that works for all.
42. http://www.everytimezone.com – a less confusing view of the world time zones.
43. http://www.gtmetrix.com – the perfect tool for measuring your site performance online.
44. http://www.noteflight.com – print music sheets, write your own music online (review).
45. http://www.imo.im – chat with your buddies on Skype, Facebook, Google Talk, etc. from one place.
46. http://www.translate.google.com – translate web pages, PDFs and Office documents.
47. http://www.kleki.com – create paintings and sketches with a wide variety of brushes.
48. http://www.similarsites.com – discover new sites that are similar to what you like already.
49. http://www.wordle.net – quick summarize long pieces of text with tag clouds.
50. http://www.bubbl.us – create mind-maps, brainstorm ideas in the browser.
51. http://www.kuler.adobe.com – get color ideas, also extract colors from photographs.
52. http://www.liveshare.com – share your photos in an album instantly.
53. http://www.lmgtfy.com – when your friends are too lazy to use Google on their own.
54. http://www.midomi.com – when you need to find the name of a song.
55. http://www.bing.com/images – automatically find perfectly-sized wallpapers for mobiles.
56. http://www.faxzero.com – send an online fax for free.
57. http://www.feedmyinbox.com – get RSS feeds as an email newsletter.
58. http://www.ge.tt – quickly send a file to someone, they can even preview it before downloading.
59. http://www.pipebytes.com – transfer files of any size without uploading to a third-party server.
60. http://www.tinychat.com – setup a private chat room in micro-seconds.
61. http://www.privnote.com – create text notes that will self-destruct after being read.
62. http://www.boxoh.com – track the status of any shipment on Google Maps – alternative.
63. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com – find if your favorite website is offline or not?
64. http://www.ewhois.com – find the other websites of a person with reverse Analytics lookup.
65. http://www.whoishostingthis.com – find the web host of any website.
66. http://www.google.com/history – found something on Google but can’t remember it now?
67. http://www.aviary.com/myna – an online audio editor that lets record, and remix audio clips online.
68. http://www.disposablewebpage.com – create a temporary web page that self-destruct.
69. http://www.urbandictionary.com – find definitions of slangs and informal words.
70. http://www.seatguru.com – consult this site before choosing a seat for your next flight.
71. http://www.sxc.hu – download stock images absolutely free.
72. http://www.zoom.it – view very high-resolution images in your browser without scrolling.
73. http://www.scribblemaps.com – quickly create custom Google Maps online.
74. http://www.alertful.com – quickly setup email reminders for important events.
75. http://www.picmonkey.com – Picnik is offline but PicMonkey is an even better image editor.
76. http://www.formspring.me – you can ask or answer personal questions here.
77. http://www.sumopaint.com – an excellent layer-based online image editor.
78. http://www.snopes.com – find if that email offer you received is real or just another scam.
79. http://www.typingweb.com – master touch-typing with these practice sessions.
80. http://www.mailvu.com – send video emails to anyone using your web cam.
81. http://www.timerime.com – create timelines with audio, video and images.
82. http://www.stupeflix.com – make a movie out of your images, audio and video clips.
83. http://www.safeweb.norton.com – check the trust level of any website.
84. http://www.teuxdeux.com – a beautiful to-do app that looks like your paper dairy.
85. http://www.deadurl.com – you’ll need this when your bookmarked web pages are deleted.
86. http://www.minutes.io – quickly capture effective notes during meetings.
87. http://www.youtube.com/leanback – Watch YouTube channels in TV mode.
88. http://www.youtube.com/disco – quickly create a video playlist of your favorite artist.
89. http://www.talltweets.com – Send tweets longer than 140 characters.
90. http://www.pancake.io – create a free and simple website using your Dropbox account.
91. http://www.builtwith.com – find the technology stack of any website.
92. http://www.woorank.com – research a website from the SEO perspective.
93. http://www.mixlr.com – broadcast live audio over the web.
94. http://www.radbox.me – bookmark online videos and watch them later (review).
95. http://www.tagmydoc.com – add QR codes to your documents and presentations (review).
96. http://www.notes.io – the easiest way to write short text notes in the browser.
97. http://www.ctrlq.org/html-mail – send rich-text mails to anyone, anonymously.
98. http://www.fiverr.com – hire people to do little things for $5.
99. http://www.otixo.com – easily manage your online files on Dropbox, Google Docs, etc.
100.http://www.ifttt.com – create a connection between all your online accounts.
I hope you find the list interesting enough to leave a comment below. One unique thing about these websites is the simple and easy-to-remember names. Let me know what you think of them.
Ryan Biddulph says
Way cool resource Nwosu! Thanks for putting it together.
Very productive websites and most of them are totally new to me and would bookmark this post and will check all these websites. Also linkrr.com is also great website to make all links click able.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Glad you found it useful and interesting.
emmanuel ekainu says
nice article. i guess with this point, i don,t. have to worry much search on google for stuffs likn how to shorten my long url. thanks bro.
Jasa Web Desain says
hha… thank’s for the list.
This is very nice information.. Great Wwebsite list.. All are Very Useful website. Thanks Good job.
Wow.. Awesome post.. These are Great list.. Awesome post.. Very Interesting Thanks for sharing..