The only way to have a peace of mind as a blogger is to have a total backup of your WordPress blog. You should be scared if you do not have a recent and complete backup of your WordPress blog. I was right when I included backup as number one on my 10 routine blog maintenance checklists. Keeping your WordPress blog safe is not an easy task, your blog could get hacked, your server could crash, you could mess with a code and your whole site will be gone etc. There are countless reasons why you should backup your WordPress blog today; you just can’t forget to backup your WordPress blog.
I can’t imagine the horror of losing a blog with over 500 posts, comments and plugins with years and years of hard work. And I can’t emphasize on the need to always backup your WordPress blog enough in just one article.
There are two types of backup for your WordPress blog, Cloud backup for WordPress and normal backup on your server/hard drive. I am going to favorite the former than the later for obvious reasons. The chances of losing backups on your server or hard drive are greater than losing backups in the cloud like Dropbox. Cloud services have several backups so your backup is not just on one server, even when one server is gone, you can still retrieve our backup from any other server available.
Cloud Backup for WordPress blog is my best option to a more secure backup, so while you can still have a copy of your backup on your server or hard drive I strongly advice you backup your WordPress blog in the cloud. A free Dropbox account is 2GB which is enough for an average WordPress blog size, even if your blog is more than 2GB you can upgrade the cloud services to contain it and the best part is that you do not have to waste your bandwidth downloading and uploading your backups. It’s server to server backup and it’s easier. So let me introduce you to the top 5 cloud backup plugins for WordPress.
Best Cloud Backup Plugins for WordPress:
1. WordPress Backup to Dropbox: WordPress Backup to Dropbox is a Cloud backup plugin for WordPress, it helps you to easily backup your WordPress blog, it’s media and database to Dropbox even without you doing much. You can schedule backups with this plugin to regularly backup your WordPress blog daily, weekly or monthly. Simply install and activate this plugin, authorize your Dropbox account and schedule your backups. This plugin will give you total peace of mind knowing that your WordPress blog is regularly backed up to the cloud.
2. WPMU Dev Snapshot: WPMU Dev Snapshot is a premium cloud backup plugin for WordPress from WPMU Dev that allows you to backup and restore your entire WordPress blog in a single click. This plugin backup everything and can store your backups in Dropbox, Amazon S3, FTP/sFTP and GreenQloud Storage accounts.
3. UpdraftPlus Backup: UpdraftPlus Backup is yet another cloud backup for WordPress that can backup your WordPress blog to your hard drive or to some cloud services like Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, (S)FTP, WebDAV and email. This is one of the best cloud backup plugins I have found within the WordPress plugin repository. With UpdraftPlus Backup you can schedule backups and even encrypt them and restore on a single click. This plugin is really a great one as its support team gives the type of support a premium plugin support team will give.
4. BackWPup: BackWPup is an awesome cloud backup plugin for WordPress that can save your whole installation including /wp-content/ to the cloud. With this plugin you can backup your WordPress blog to cloud services like Dropbox, Google Storage, Amazon S3, FTP server, Microsoft Azure, SugarSync, RackSpaceCloud etc.It also supports a large variety of formats such as WP XML Export,tar, zip, tar.bz2, tar.bz and database backup.
5. XM-Backup: XM-Backup is yet another cloud backup plugin for WordPress that can backup your WordPress database and save them in the cloud. With XM-Backup you can backup your WordPress blog; files stored in the WP-Content/uploads folder and save it in secure locations like your Dropbox account, an FTP account of your choice and any other linked to online file folder.
As much as there are decent Cloud backup plugins out there to backup your WordPress blog to the cloud, you will always get a better one when you invest some money to get a premium cloud backup plugin for WordPress.
Cloud Backup Plugins for WordPress will give you total peace of mind when you know your blog is backed up and your backup is safe. You don’t want to get into a situation when you did not backup your WordPress blog before you will realize its importance, please my blogger friends if you have not backed up your WordPress blogs today, please choose any of the Cloud Backup Plugins for WordPress listed here and backup your blog now.
I hope you find this article interesting enough to share with your friends, remember to drop a comment below and tell me what you think of these cloud backup plugins for WordPress. Remember to subscribe to my RSS Feed.
Well, thanks for sharing the list of cloud backup plugins for wordpress. In this case Dropbox is the most favourite plugin because Dropbox is the most popular.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Dropbox is very good and i use it often….
Sai Kumar says
Hi Nwosu Mavtrevor, Great list of cloud backup plugins for wordpress bro. I have used only WordPress Backup to Dropbox and never heard of other plugins which you have listed. I will surely try out the other plugins. Thanks for Sharing this great plugins :)
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Snapshots and WordPress Backup 2 Dropbox are really cool and i am currently using both, i use WPB2D to backup weekly to my dropbox account while i use Snapshots to backup daily to my dropbox account.
BackupGuard is the best backup plugin. Love it! https://backup-guard.com/