Blog loading time is a very important factor every blogger should consider as this may lead to losing visitors. No one likes waiting for a long time for any webpage to load. Google considers the speed of site as one of the main factors for deciding the site’s page rank. So I am going to teach you how you can reduce your blog load time to ensure higher page ranking by Google.
Tips to reducing your blog’s loading time
The following tips will help you achieve this:
1. Choosing a robust web server: A robust server is the backbone your blog needs as a web server with a low response time will ensure a higher performance for your blog. A fast server may cost you extra dollars but it’s better than losing readers because of page loading time. So I will advice that you acquire your blog hosting services from a popular web host with good rating as this will be your best bet to a faster page loading time.
2. Try and reduce to the minimum the number of plugins and widgets you use on your blog as this may affect the page loading time. Excessive plugins means more codes to be processed by your server. So try as much as possible to remove any plugin you may not have need for as the more plugins you have adds a lot of burden to your page loading time and this is a luxury you cannot afford.
4. Reduce the number of images used on your blog as images takes a longer time to load and as such takes a high bandwidth. Optimization of images will be a good practice for a blogger as this will help reduce the loading time of the blog in general.
5. Always ensure to update your blog, update your plugins, WordPress, theme once its available because updating will help remove a lot of bugs and thus ensure a better performance.
6. Use Caching plugins as this will cache your blog as static html pages and ensure faster loading time. Caching will reduce the number of request to the database, so if you are a WordPress blogger, use the WP-Supercache plugin.
7. Reduce the number of posts on the homepage.
8. Fix the number of comments in a page as this will also help ensure faster page loading time. Paginating your comments will be a better option in this case.
9. Avoid lots of ads as this may take more time processing the ads scripts.
So if you are new to blogging you may have to read my blog post called “How to create a blog site“. If you have any contribution to add to this blog post, please use the comment box below. I will like to hear from you. You should also Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email.