When it comes to making the quality Smart phones, Samsung has been on top for the last 2 years. With the introduction of its Galaxy series 3 years back, Samsung started the battle for the top place competing directly with Apple and RIM. The result, due to its extremely successful series of Galaxy phones powered by Google’s Android operating system, Samsung has been ahead than Blackberry and is giving tough competition to Apple. Recently Samsung also decided to come forward with other operating systems and as a result with the Windows Mobile OS the Omnia range of Samsung Smartphone was born.
Though not as big hit as the galaxy series Droid phones, the Omnia series phones have been quite popular with those who enjoy the Windows experience in their mobile phones. One such windows powered phone is Samsung Omnia pro 5. The phone has been received with mixed reactions in the market due to it unorthodox features and a couple of flaws. But the phone like any other Smartphone knows its job well and delivers the Samsung performance promise with a good phone design.
The phone is a mid-range office category phone with a 2.4 inches and 65K colour capability screen, an efficient QWERTY keypad, a camera that has a geo-tagging capability and 3g capacity for data transfer.
Samsung Omnia Pro 5
Technical specifications for the Samsung Omnia pro 5:
Display size and screen – The screen is 2.4 inches and gives a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels with a capability of 65K colors
- Input Mode– for input the phone uses QWERTY keyboard and there is no touch screen
- Camera and video: 2 MP camera with smart focus and 320×240 video
- Video Calling (possible) – VGA secondary camera
- 2G bands- GSM, 4 band phone with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz frequency capability
- 3G connectivity : The phone supports 3G and has 2100/1900/900 MHz capability
- Memory specifications:
- Internal RAM of 220 MB
- Expandable memory with microSD slot up to 32GB
- Messaging Functions
- Instant Messaging
- Multimedia – supports major file types like MP3, AAC+, AAC, WMV, H.263, H.264, xViD,DivX, WMV
- GPS – yes functional up to street level
- FM Radio – inbuilt FM receiver
- Battery specifications: Lithium ion battery with current capacity of 1500 mAh
File sharing and Connectivity
- Has Bluetooth 2.1
- USB 2.0 standard with microUSB slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g (NO 802.11 b/g/n!!!!)
- Size specifications
- The phones weighs in the medium range with a weight of 123 g
- The dimensions of the phone are also of a medium size with a perfect Palm fitting : 4.59 x 2.43 x 0.45 inches (116.5 x 61.8 x 11.5 mm)
- Colors available in : pure Black, pink, white
- OS: Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 6.5
Although initially the phone initially came with windows 6.5, with the introduction of Windows Mango OS, upgrades have been done in the phone and no bugs are reported. Overall the phone is good for the mid-budget office use but the full functionality as a Smartphone is not realizable as with other Android phones. For those who want a windows phone with basic capabilities, it is a good buy!
This guest post was written by Susan Hannan of Exams key . A site that provides comprehensive and cost effective IT certifications exams preparation material. If you find above post on “The Windows Phone From Samsung, Omnia Pro 5” interesting and useful. Please share this post with your friends using the share tools on the left hand side of the browser or the ones under this post. Please if you haven’t liked our Facebook page simply click on the “Like” button on the right hand side of the browser. You can also follow us on Twitter right under the Facebook page.
I hope you read my blog post on “ZTE Grand X – The Smartphone Gamers Dream“. If you like this blog posts Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email so you can be getting more of my posts on your email even when you are offline.
Elendu Emmanuel says
Now seriously Windows Platform! Samsung!!! The phone is a good buy for those who it meets their needs else it has more than a couple of flaws! even the vodafone version has a better design! Don’t mind me, I get carried away at times. Nice Post. And to Samsung: Well Done!
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks for your contributions….