You may have been hearing about Plugins and you never figured out what it is or how it works. I will try as much as I can to explain what Plugins are and some important Plugins you should use on your site/blog for better optimization.
What is a Plugin? Plugins are simply tools to extend the functionality of WordPress. So a Plugin can simply be said to be a small application designed to add specific capacities/functionalities to WordPress.
How to Install WordPress Plugins: There are several ways you can install WordPress Plugins in your blog, but I am going to introduce you to the safest method.
- Login to your Dashboard,
- Click on Plugins
- At the top click “Add New”
- A search box will appear, type in the name of the Plugin you want to install and hit the :Search Plugins” button
- The list of the Plugin (s) will appear, click on the “install Now” for any particular Plugin you will want to install.
- And on a successful page load, click the activate Plugin.
Some important WordPress Plugins for your WordPress blog
With Plugins explained let us continue with the post of the day, some important Plugins for your WordPress blog for better optimization. There are so many Plugins out there with different functionalities but we can’t install all in one site because so many Plugins on a site slows page load and discourages visitors, that’s why I want to introduce you to some very important Plugins.
- All in One SEO Pack: The All in One SEO Pack Plugin optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines.
- WP Super Cache: This Plugin helps make your blog faster by creating static html files from your dynamic Wordpress blog and serve it on request instead of processing the blog full of scripts and thus reducing page load time.
- Gtrans: This Plugin adds Google translate Element on your blog so it the content can be translated and read in different languages.
- Google XML Sitemaps: This Plugin generates a special XML sitemap to help search engines to index your site.
- Scrolling Social Sharebar (Twitter Like Google +1 Linkedin and Stumbleupon):This Plugin helps you integrate your site with the most important Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google +!, LinkedIin, AddThis etc. Visitors can use this Plugin to share their favourite blog posts so their friends can also read them.
- Disqus Comment System: This Plugin makes commenting easier and safer. Bots cannot spam you with this Plugin.
- Quick Adsense: This Plugin is the best monitization Plugin or ads management Plugin for WordPress. You can randomly place ads anywhere within a post, and can be customized even more to accommodate more needs.
If you have any contributions to make to this post please use the comment box below. We eagerly want to hear from you. You can also Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email.