You may have been hearing about cloud computing without actually knowing what it is all about, and now someone has asked you to go cloud. It sounds funny literarily, right? So I am going to use this post to explain to you what cloud computing means and give you reasons why you should go cloud now.
What is cloud computing? According to Wikipedia: Cloud computing is the practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server. Simply saying, cloud computing involves delivering hosted services over the internet. Please read my earlier blog “Cloud Computing” for more explanations. Now I am going to explain the reasons why you should go cloud.
Reasons why you should go cloud:
A lot of people may have reasons not to go to the cloud, but I believe there are more advantages why everyone should move to the clouds and I am going to list as much as I can give to convince anyone here. Now let’s get started….
- Cloud will save you cost: This is the main reason why you should go cloud, imagine the cost of software license, implementation services, hardware and network cost, maintenance fees etc for just a year? Cloud is your quick solution from all this costs as you won’t have to bother more than the cost of joining a cloud company. The other costs will be their problems and not yours no more.
- Better Security and privacy: Your content will be more secure as going cloud will provide you with a higher standard of protection and privacy than you can be able to provide yourself. Don’t worry about the levels of security for customers and sensitive documents because most cloud companies offer a high level of security certifications. This ensures advanced access-control framework that enables secure authentication, advanced logging of user activity so you can monitor your employers, and allows administrators to control which user has access to highly sensitive documents. You don’t have to worry about intrusion because there are multiple layers of firewalls to ensure high level of protection against security vulnerabilities.
- Easy Data recovery and Backup: Imagine what it costs you to backup and recover data in the case of hardware or software failure which is imminent, now you don’t have to worry about all those as your cloud company will ensure your data is backed up real good.
- Easy integration, rapid deployment and even easy migration: You don’t require any advanced technological assistance to go cloud as it is very easy to start up. Cloud computing is very easy and fast to implement so your customers can get fast services while you maintain efficiency and accuracy. You can easily migrate from one Cloud Company to another in just a few clicks.
- Availability of data everywhere: Another reason why you should go cloud is because it will provide you with an opportunity of going everywhere with your data without actually having to carry it around. You can easily access your data from anywhere in the world without having to carry you computer around. With Cloud computing, you can work from anywhere, in fact in the nearest future we may all have to be working from anywhere….thanks to the Clouds.
- You are better off with the Cloud services providers when you compare labour, energy, and outage costs.
- You don’t need to buy packaged software as all you applications are developed and hosted by the cloud companies.
I hope I have been able to convince you on reasons why you should go cloud today. If you have any contributions to make to this post please use the comment box below. We eagerly want to hear from you. You can also Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email.
Nice post, neatly written and explained… keep it up