Are you new to Search Engine Optimization SEO? Do you want to improve your site visibility on search engines? Do you want traffic from search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo!? Do you want more customers and more sales? Then you have to learn SEO.
Search engine optimization SEO is very important if you want to succeed as a blogger, marketer or webmaster. One of the reasons why most online ventures fail is lack of SEO or poor SEO implementations.
I know so much have been written about SEO and yet it is common to see bloggers and marketers suffer for lack of traffic. Without web traffic your efforts as a blogger is wasted. If you produce content and no one reads them, then you are doomed.
5 Sites to Learn SEO Online
While it will be easier to spend a few hundred bucks ($) to advertise your site on social media such as Facebook and drive tons of traffic to your site, one thing is for sure. The moment your fund dries up you traffic from such sources will also dry up.
The good thing about search engine traffic is that it is free and steady. Once you obtain a good search engine ranking people will naturally visit your site from their searches.
Learning SEO is very important for anyone that wants to succeed online and so I have decided to share some amazing sites where you can learn SEO for free.
1. SEO Book: SEO Book is a great site for anyone who wants to learn SEO. The site hosts resources for both free and paid members. Premium subscription is about $10 per day which should total around $300 for a month.
But if you cannot afford such amount of money, don’t be discouraged there are free awesome resources for you as well.
SEO Book will not only teach you all you need to learn about SEO, it also highlights the transcendental issues the link SEO to other aspects of the online world – and understanding the big picture is crucial to surviving online competition.
2. MOZ: Moz is one of the first places I send people looking to learn SEO. Moz’s beginners guide to SEO contains amazing resources to help you learn SEO to improve your site’s general SEO and search engine ranking of course.
You may also upgrade to PRO membership for more though or could make it a habit of reading the Moz blog on a regular basis like me to learn more advanced SEO tricks.
3. DistilledU: Are you interested in learning SEO 101? Do you want an online SEO training course that covers everything from Search engine basics to On-Page optimization to Keyword Research and Link Analysis? Then DistilledU is the right place to get started.
DistilledU also cover advanced SEO topics such as Linkbait, Content Strategies and Structured Data etc. You are only limited to three demo modules as a free user until you upgrade your account to a premium membership for full access to all the awesome resources on this site which is totally worth investing in.
4. QuickSprout: Another awesome place to learn SEO is QuickSprout. Neil Patel provides a lot of useful resources to learn SEO easily on QuickSprout. This site provides the most extensive and detailed guides on advanced SEO techniques that exist today.
If you are interested to learn Indexation & Accessibility, Site Speed & Performance, New Search, WordPress, Advanced Data Research, Keyword Research, Link Building with Content, Link Building Techniques among others, then visit QuickSprout to access countless numbers of useful resources to learn SEO.
5. Search Engine Land: You can’t talk about sites to learn SEO without mentioning Search Engine Land. This is one of my favorite places to learn SEO as you can never run out of resources on this site. Be it beginners guide to SEO or advanced guide to SEO, Search Engine Land’s got it covered.
I always recommend Search Engine Land to anyone looking to learn SEO from the scratch. Materials are completely free and I bet you will find them as amazing as I did some years ago.
SEO is an ever-changing concept and as such you must remain updated with the latest information at every point in time. Whether you are a Pro in SEO or a beginner, these sites will provide you with useful resources to help you learn SEO or remain updated with the latest SEO happenings around the web.
Do you know of other great sites to learn SEO? Mind sharing with me? Please use the comments below and share with me.
Catherine Holt says
SEO is something that I have a love hate relationship with…that’s for sure! Great list of resources here :-)
Great write! For me, my go-to SEO will always be Search Engine Land (for some odd reasons). Personally, I feel Quick Sprout is more towards SEO + marketing which is a great tactic really.
Thanks for sharing!
Learning and understanding SEO from the scratch is crucial for online success. There is hardly a popular website or blog that is not thriving on solid SEO foundation.
For beginners, there are so many online resources to learn search engine optimization. Yes, with good knowledge and practice of the SEO concept, free and steady traffic is inevitable.
The websites for learning SEO shared here are among the best online. I agree that beginners as well as advanced learners should check them out for more practical knowledge.
I have shared this same comment in kingged.com where this post was shared and “kingged” for internet marketers.
Sunday – kingged.com contributor
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks Sunday for your awesome comment as always. SEO is an ever changing concept and one needs to be on top of it with fresh tips to remain relevant in search engines.
Debasis Pradhan says
Cool enough, I guess I’ve been a regular reader st MOZ and need to check others too which would be really useful to learn more about SEO stuff.
Yes, that’s right.Personally, I think that search engine traffic is that it is free and steady. Once you obtain a good search engine ranking people will naturally visit your site from their searches.Thank you for your good information.
Poulami Ghosh says
Great blog. The SEO site lists that you have mentioned above is really useful.I personally follow the search engine land the most. Thanks for sharing this great topic with us.