How to Root Tecno N3: The new Tecno N3 is quite a beauty and it’s one of the cheapest Android phones in Nigeria today, for just N13,000 (Thirteen Thousand Naira) you can acquire it. The Tecno N3 is a cheap dual SIM phone with a lot of awesome features. Rooting Tecno N3 will give you a super user privilege that can allow you to do anything at all you want with your phone, you can even run a custom ROM on the Tecno N3, and so many more.
But my main aim of rooting Tecno N3 is to be able to use DroidVPN on it since it requires only rooted Androids to be able to work. So let’s see how you can easily root your Tecno N3 using Poot and Ministro II. So let’s start by downloading these apps…
How to Root Tecno N3: Requirements
Click here to download Poot.apk
Click here to download Ministro II from Google play Store
Now let’s get started with rooting your Tecno N3 Android phone:
1. Shut down your Tecno N3 Android phone and remove your memory card
2. Switch on your Tecno N3 Android phone, transfer the Poot.apk and install it on your phone’s internal memory. Remember to enable install apps from unknown sources (Menu > Settings > Application > Unknown Sources), simply tick the check button that says “Allow installation of non-market applicatios”.
3. Go to your phone menu and launch the Poot app, it will require you to install Ministro II, Simply follow the link to Google play store or install the one your downloaded from this post.
4. You will be required to update ministro library, update it through from the Google Play Store. On completion of this update your phone will reboot.
5. You will be faced with two options;
- “Press here to Poot”
- “Built in root check”
6. Click on the first option which is “Press here to Poot” and after a while, three options will be listed thus;
- Get Superuser
- Get root-checker
- In-built rootchecker
7. When you see these options it simply means your Tecno N3 has been rooted successfully. Then visit Google Play Store and download Superuser app. Click here to download the Superuser app.
Must Read: How to Unroot Android device
This same process can also be used to root Tecno T3 Android Phone. I hope you can easily follow this tutorial to root your Tecno N3 or Tecno T3 Android Phones. If you encounter any error or you have questions to ask, please use the comment form below. Remember to subscribe to my RSS feed.
Known Errors; most users have been complaining of getting an error code: 87 “Su binary was not written,You need to restart your device” while trying to root their Tecno N3.
1. Restart your Tecno N3 smartphone
2. Uninstall the Pook (leave the Ministro in tact)
3. Ensure the ministro is installed on the phone memory not the SDcard.
4. Restart your Tecno N3 again
5. Re-install Pook
Repeat same process if you keep getting the error until your Tecno N3 is successfully rooted.