The present day scenario in the world of marketing requires businesses to maintain a social database in order to sustainable. With almost a half of the US population actively using social media, businesses have to strategize to harness and attract these new audiences. In order to start up the process, enterprises are required to showcase their social presence by setting up profiles and engaging with the online community. Active marketers can reap a lot benefits by incorporating social media in all forms of corporate communications. Social media lead generation is one of most deployed marketing strategies as they enable businesses to track and compare performance of social channels with other marketing vehicles.
How to Generate Leads Using Google Plus
If you are searching for words that best delineate Google Plus, then this is what you will get: an upcoming social network, rival of Facebook, and fastest growing social networking website. Most people are not aware of the fact that Google was the one that first pioneered the conception of social networking with its website Orkut in 2004. But due to progressed foray by the likes of Facebook and Twitter, Orkut had lost its shine, which advertently affected Google’s performance. In order to regain the lost market share and cement its place in the fast growing social networking arena, Google had to come up with a website that will break the duopoly of Facebook and Twitter. Finally it did, in June 2011 by launching Google Plus.
Like all social networking websites, Google Plus facilitates connectivity, sharing, and creating groups. Open to users aged 18 and up, Google + has more than 400 million registered members as of September 2012. Attracting more than 80 million unique visitors every month, Google Plus is the 4th most frequented social networking website on the web. After analyzing reports, it is sure-fire that Google Plus is fast becoming the focal point of online visitors making it a reliable place to generate leads and promote new products. You just have to sign-up with any of your existing Google Accounts and create business or profile page for your business. Here are a few tips to generate leads using Google Plus:
1. First, create a Google Plus page in the name of your business or brand. Send an invite to all your existing contacts and showcase your presence on the network by including it in all your professional and business communications.
2. Gradually increase the following of your Google Plus page and build a large contact link. Increase the number of likes (+1) of your page and actively engage with the community and drive visits to your website or blog. Include links of your website and blog in all your status updates, hangouts, videos, and pictures.
3. In order to organically generate leads post binding content updates that comprise of links to your blog or website. For this purpose, you must have developed marketing content that will intrigue people.
4. Do not flood your business page with content and posts that promote your brand or product. Make sure you space the timing of all your posts, so that your followers do not get swept over with the flow of content. Create and manage a posting agenda, and post at least once every day.
5. Posting multimedia content such as images and videos on Google Plus opens up new lead generation opportunities. Capture followers’ attention by posting creative and unorthodox multimedia content.
6. One of the standout features of Google + is that it facilitates segmentation through a feature called Google Circles. They let businesses share different information with desired groups and segregate audiences in order to service them separately.
7. Add the Google + sharing button in all your web pages, so that your visitors could share desired content. Reports state that websites with Google +1 button generate three times more traffic from Google + when compared to websites without the +1 button.
This guest post has been brought to you by Robin Mckenzie of Centurylink, a site that offers savings and current information on consumers broadband internet and cable.
If you find above post on “How to Generate Leads Using Google Plus” interesting and useful, please share this post with your friends using the share tools on the left hand side of the browser or the ones under this post. Please if you haven’t liked our Facebook page simply click on the “Like” button on the right hand side of the browser. You can also follow us on Twitter right under the Facebook page. I hope you read my blog post on “Why bloggers should choose Google Plus as their social network“.
Use the subscription box below to subscribe to my feed by email so you can be getting more of my posts on your email even when you are offline.