If there is one thing every blog has in common it’s the email subscription box. So many blogs may simply prefer to use the default subscription box given by feedburner while some others like me prefers to customize theirs. See how to customize the email subscription box. If you see I customized my blog to this.
But today I am going to teach you even a better way of customizing the subscription box like the one on Mashable’s website .
How do i add Mashable style social subscription widget on my blog? Follow the steps below carefully and generate the widget code for the social subscription box.
- Click here to visit the widget generator and fill the subscription form.
- Fill in properly the “Widget Title” (though so many people prefers to leave it at Subscribe)
- Next enter your blog Url
- Choose the appropriate Width for the widget depending on the width of your sidebar where you will be placing it. Make sure the widths correspond so one will not overshoot the other.
- Properly fill out the form providing the right information depending on the social tools you choose to display on the subscription box. Choose yes for the ones you want to display and no for the ones you don’t want.
- Choose from Google+, Facebook like button, Google Button, Twitter follow Button, Email subscription and lastly choose the various social buttons and fill in their appropriate url(s), click add to add another social button.
- When you have filled the form appropriately as you want, click the generate button to generate the code.
- If you are a self-hosted WordPress user, Login to your dashboard, under Appearance choose the Widgets option, then drag the Text widget tool to the sidebar where you want to display it and paste the code in it and save. Preview your blog and see the social subscription box displayed on your blog.
I hope you love this post, if you have any contributions please use the comment box below . You should also Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email. Remember to share this post with your friends.