One thing is to build a blog and another thing is to make it successful and you will need traffic for that to happen. Though there may be several methods of driving traffic to ones blog but I want to discuss on driving traffic to your blog through StumbleUpon today. StumbeUpon is a social bookmarking site that allows you to share your blog contents with other StumbleUpon community users.
So many people may disagree that stumbleUpon is not the best traffic source for a blogger due to the low conversion of visitors and the fact that the visitors from StumbleUpon may not spend much time on a site, I tend to disagree with such claims with the following reasons.
Unique and great content: The main secret to StumbleUpon success is great and unique content. You don’t expect a visitor to spend a lot of time on a poorly written article; users will quickly hit the dislike button and move on when they stumble on such posts. Bloggers use StumbleUpon to discover blogs of similar interests and can develop an idea of an article from your post. All your posts may not go viral, but one day a good and well written post may and will raise awareness for your blog and everyone will now want to see your other posts thereby discovering your blog and that will be a massive boast to your traffic and earnings.
Motivation and Encouragement: Another advantage of traffic from StumbleUpon is that it encourages us to write and keep writing knowing that someone somewhere is reading it. Imagine having a post go viral and 100k people have viewed it and liked it; imagine the encouragement you will have for it. It will encourage and motivate you as a blogger. Encouragement and motivation are two great tools ay blogger needs to be successful.
Backlinks: A shared post on StumbleUpon may not be recorgnised as a backlink, but it can generate a lot of backlinks when many people stumbles on it and liked it. A well written article or post shared on StumbleUpon may result into a lot of backlinks improving your ranking on Google.
How to get started with StumbleUpon:
- Sign up with StumbleUpon Fill the registration properly with the correct details.
- On successful registration, go to the Profile section and fill out your information most importantly your website and your interests.
- Download the StumbleUpon toolbar for whatever browser you use.
- Use the finf friends to find your friends on Facebook and Twitter or email that are already stumblers.
- Remember to add me by searching for “Mavtrevor” without the quotes.
- Promote your StumbleUpon account to get more followers just the same way you did with Twitter.
- Share your posts/content with su.pr or any other sharing network. You can even tweet and share it on Facebook.
- Once you have followers on StumbleUpon you can share your content directly with them.
How to drive traffic to your blog through StumbleUpon:
- Use very attractive titles for your blog posts
- Never StumbleUpon your own contents
- Discover and become friends with other Stumblers with same interest. http://www.stumbleupon.com/discover/keyword/ replacing the keyword with your desired keywords to discover bloggers of same interests.
- Use paid discovery to increase traffic to your blog.
- Stumble regularly
I hope you love this post, if you have any contributions please use the comment box below . You should also Subscribe to NetMediaBlog Feeds by Email. Use the StumbleUpon button below to share this post on Stumbleupon please.
Rocheleau Raque says
Great items from you, man. I’ve remember your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful. I really like what you’ve received here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you are saying it. You make it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. That is really a wonderful web site.
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Thanks am glad you like my blog. I hope you come back often to read more interesting contents. Share the knowledge with your friends.
Piyush Mathur says
I agree with you buddy, Stumble upon has been really good to me. With the right keywords, it can do magic!
Nwosu Mavtrevor says
Mind sharing what exactly works for you?
Piyush Mathur says
Well, you can’t control every factor to get exact results. All you can do is build strong roots from the beginning. You have to be the “genuine article” from the start! Google has shown us that with its Panda update.