Are you one of those bloggers losing money even without knowing? If you are reading this it’s because you are probably wondering how you have been losing money as a blogger. By the time you finish reading this article, you would’ve realized how much you have been losing just because you are not informed.
You can thank me later but for now I want to explain to you how you may have been losing money as a blogger. If you missed to read “Monetize your top ranking posts with Review box”, then I suggest you read it now.
How do you monetize your blog? Most bloggers monetize their blogs with CPC advertising. Google Adsense is the largest advertising agency with millions of advertisers looking to publish with them. But you can only earn from the CPC advertising only when someone clicks on the ads on your blog.
People have become very aware of this type of advertising and don’t even bother clicking on them; some have even gone to the extent of installing ad blockers on their browsers to stop your ads from showing.
But CPC advertising is still great especially if your site receives huge search engine traffic. Most first time visitors to your website click on the ads, but on regular visitation they tend to become ad blind and stop clicking on them.
So how are you losing money?
Now we are getting to the nice stuff. It is very possible that you are only monetizing your blog with CPC adverts like Google Adsense that requires the ads being clicked before you earn a dime. You have been losing money on un-monetized impressions.
You can make money from your blog for just displaying CPM ads even if they are not clicked. There are so many CPM advertising companies that offer text-based units and mobile advertisements. CPM advertisements are great because the users don’t have to click the units for you to make money.
CPM advertisements pay you for every 1000 pageviews (impressions), so whether the ads are clicked or not you still earn your money. This type of advertisement is very good for sites with huge traffic no matter the engagements.
So what should I do?
Since you now know that you can also earn money from your site impressions and ad clicks, you can combine both CPM and CPC advertising on your website.
For long I have been searching for how to monetize my site impressions and finally discovered I can earn money from my blog with CPM advertising even if the ads don’t get clicked. So for every 1000 times the ads are displayed on my site, I earn a certain amount of money.
Imagine how much you have been losing if you have a blog with at least 5k daily pageviews. If you can find a good CPM advertisement that can pay you say $3 for every 1000 impressions, multiply it by 5 and you have been losing $3 x 5 = $15 everyday.
Multiply $15 for 30 days and you have been losing $450 every month even without knowing.
Best CPM Advertising Networks you can join
This article would not be complete if I don’t at least recommend some good CPM networks you can join to make money from your blog impression.
Here are the best CPM advertising networks you can join.
1. Tribal Fusion: Tribal Fusion is to CPM what Google adsense is to CPC advertising. The only fallback with Tribal Fusion is that they only approve sites with high traffic.
The payment method is via Check, NET45 and the minimum payout is $50.
2. Advertising: Advertising is a business partner of AOL and thus provides a handsome CPM rate for the publishers. It requires blogs or websites have been fully launched and have reasonable traffic across their niche. Their CPM rate is much high and you can earn a fistful income from this ad network.
Minimum Payout: $25
Payment Method: Check
3. Burst Media: Burst Media is one of the highest Paying CPM Advertising Network out there. Sites that are being approved by Bust Media should have at least 5,000 unique visitors per month and 25,000 pageviews. As a publisher you can earn 70% revenue of their sole publisher method.
Minimum Payout: $50
Payment Method: Check, PayPal or Electronic Fund transfer.
4. ValueClick Media: This is another good CPM ads network which is widely used over internet. You get a great variety of ads for your website, with good CPM rates, so if you don’t have much traffic to your website then you don’t have to worry this is a good alternative for you for earning a great amount from your website.
The minimum payout is $50.
5. Casale Media: Casale Media is a top tier, premium CPM ad network based in Canada. Their requirements in terms of traffic and website quality are pretty high though, so they are not suitable for beginner webmasters or bloggers. You will achieve the best results if most of your traffic is from North America, Australia or Western Europe.
Payment methods and terms: Check and PayPal; NET30, minimum $25
Now you have seen how you have been losing money as a blogger even without knowing, I hope you can follow my advice and do something about it. CPM advertising can really earn you good revenue to add to the one you are already making from CPC advertising such as Adsense.
Tell me what you think of this article on the comments below. If you have any questions I will also love to hear them.