Why am I not getting enough traffic to my blog from Facebook? This is a typical question asked by so many bloggers who struggle to drive significant Social media traffic. Social media is the biggest source of referral traffic these days and you will be missing out on a lot if you are not driving enough Social media traffic to your blog.
Social media is a powerful tool to promoting any product or service, it has redefined the way we do business and interact and most especially the way we share information. It is easier and faster to share information via the Social media and since that is what we do mostly as bloggers, we should be situated right in the middle of it to help us spread our content faster.
Not getting enough Social media traffic?
1. Your content Quality: You must have heard it severally that content is king, same applies to Social media. Social media empowers quality content spread, but doesn’t do much when your content sucks. Any content with good quality can go viral on Social media in the shortest period of time.
It’s easier for people to re-share a piece of content they find informative and relevant. So if you are not getting enough Social media traffic take a look at your content quality first and improve it.
2. Is your blog Social media friendly? Apart from having quality contents on your blog, you may not be getting enough Social media traffic just because your blog is not Social media friendly. If you do not make it easy for people to share your contents to the various Social media sites then you may not be able to get significant traffic from the Social media sites.
Ensure to have the Social media sharing buttons available on your blog and in an easy-to-see position to enable your visitors share your blog posts for their friends and relatives on the social media sites to see. The more the shares the more the eyeballs that will see your content and the more likeliness more people will follow the shared contents back to your blog.
3. You are not active on the Social networks: How do you intend to generate significant Social media traffic when you are not even active on the social networks? You can’t expect people to check out your contents when you are not there to engage with them via comments. You need to be active on the social networks, build your fan base and always engage actively with your audience.
Try and create an account on the various major Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+, properly update your profiles and ensure to put your own pictures on them, then make it a habit to actively engage your audience always on these social networks, grow your fan/follower base, build relationships with your fans, help them out when you can and see the power of Social media at work in promoting your contents.
4. How often do you post to the Social media? Frequency they say builds momentum, the more you post on the social networks the more people will see and notice your contents. Do not spam your social media accounts so as not to piss off your fans & followers. You need a schedule on how many times you should post a day, I say 2-3 times a day is fair.
Also monitor and track your shares to discover the best moments to share your contents, from my experience and depending on your niche early mornings and just before people go to sleep is the perfect time to share contents. This will improve your social media traffic a lot.
5. Avoid automated posting: I know we have so many tasks as bloggers and often times try to automate some tasks like content distribution to the social media sites but then am advising you otherwise. Even if you are to do it, please balance it with your personal visit to these sites to interact with your fans/followers.
You have to understand that social media is not automatic, so you should manually handle your post sharing and engagement with your audience and respond to their individual needs if you are to drive some significant Social media traffic to your blog.
6. Are you using other types of media other than text? Most bloggers only share text updates, yes while this may work for twitter it won’t for Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+. Other types of media such as videos and image have been proven to convert more than just text updates.
So try and share visual contents like high quality images and videos on the various social media and see how much it can improve your Social media traffic.
7. Do you promote your social media contents? Do you know that just a fraction of your fans can see the posts you shared? In a post I published earlier on this blog titled “How the news feed tweak has affected Facebook traffic” , I explained how the new Facebook news algorithm tweak has reduced the percentage of people/fans that can see the contents you shared.
So it is imperative you use the “Promote your post” tool sometimes to promote your posts on Facebook and “Sponsored post” feature in other Social media sites to promote your posts for more people to see it. That way you can increase the number of people that sees your posts and thus improve your social media traffic.
Now Over to You…
What other reasons do you think could make one not to drive significant Social media traffic to his blog? What is your secret of successfully driving huge traffic from the social networks to your blog? Share your thoughts or your questions in the comment section. I’m pretty sure you have something to say!